Stretching is good if you need to warm up for a sports game, but how do you warm up your brain before an escape room? Riddles! Prepare for your escape game by trying to solve these fun riddles!
- What’s brown and has a head & tail, but has no legs?
- The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
- If you take away the whole, you still have some left over. What is it?
- What is seen in the middle of March and April that can’t be seen at the beginning or end of either month?
- They have not flesh, nor feathers, nor scales, nor bone. Yet they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they?
- A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays for three days and leaves on Friday. How did he do it?
- I’m always there, some distance away. Somewhere between land or sea and sky I lay. You may move towards me, yet distant I stay.
- The man who makes it doesn’t want it, the man who buys it doesn’t need it, and the man who needs it doesn’t know it yet. What is it?
- A prisoner is told “If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you.” What can he say to save himself?
- A farmer is trying to cross a river with a bag of corn, a hen, and a fox. The farmer’s boat is only big enough to take himself and one other item per trip. The hen cannot be left alone with the corn or she will eat it. Likewise the fox cannot be left with the hen, or the hen will be eaten. How does the farmer get all three items across the river?
- A penny
- The word “wholesome”
- The letter “r”
- The horse’s name is Friday
- The horizon
- A coffin
- You will hang me
- The farmer takes the hen across first, and leaves her on the other bank. Next, he comes back, loads the fox onto his boat, and takes him back across the river. He drops off the fox on the opposite bank, picks up the hen, and brings her back to the original bank. He swaps the hen for the corn, and returns to the far bank with the corn – leaving it with the fox. Then, he returns once more to the original bank to get the hen. Once he brings her across, all four are happy to be on the other side.
Now that you’ve got your mind all revved up, it’s time to book your game at Trapology and put your puzzle solving skills to the test!